Planning a corporate or business event can be a large task, but asking the right questions can help you navigate the process with ease. When planning your next function, follow these 8 simple questions:
- What is your theme? No matter what type of event you are planning – training, morale, team building – there needs to be a theme to tie everything together. It is important to decide on your theme first because it will guide all other aspects of planning.
- What is your budget? You don’t need to plan each time specifically, but it is good to have a high level understanding of what you anticipate spending on the event. Categorize your event into major cost categories such as food, lodging, rentals, entertainment, etc. and set a budget for each. This will help you keep on track of your overall budget.
- Where will your event be hosted? Where you host your event is important. Search around a get quotes because the venue can be a large chunk of your cost. Keep in mind that some venues offer things such as table and chair rentals and food in the cost of the overall rental of the venue. This could help save time and money in the long run.
- What is on the menu? If your venue that you decide on does not offer food selections, seek out a caterer that offers a wide variety of food options. Always keep in mind the dietary restrictions of those attending.
- How will you decorate? Be sure to decorate the venue for the event. Make sure that it fits the feel of the venue, as well as the overall theme that you decided on.
- What about invitation? Determine how you will invite the requested attendees. Probably the easiest way to do this is to simply email the invitation with an electronic RSVP. You can also consider snail mail for your RSVP.
- What is on my to-do list? To stay on track, it is best to create a too-do list for you to check off as you go. Make this a comprehensive list of everything that needs to get done – big and small. Be sure to include deadlines, who the tasks should be completed by, and details about the tasks. Double check your to-do list one week and also one day in advance to the event to be sure that you have thought of everything.
- Who is my event runner? Every large event needs a ‘runner.’ This is someone who does everything that needs to get done during the event. That way, you can actually participate in the event while the runner does all the work. Consider hiring more than one if your event is quite large.
If you want to treat your staff to an unforgettable event experience, look no further than Pez Productions! We’ll provide all of your music, event entertainment and technology-related needs. You can count on us to entertain your guests throughout cocktails and dinner and keep them dancing into the night. Whether it’s a formal or a relaxed occasion, we are positive you will you’ll have a good time!