When a little girl thinks about her wedding day, the first thing that comes to mind is of course, the dress. But, the second? The music! Almost every wedding daydream has a song that encapsulates the moment when the couple takes the dance floor for the first time as husband and wife.
Over the years, timeless love songs have graced many a wedding and a select few move on to become classics. As you plan your wedding, or reflect on the many generations of brides and grooms, think of which first dance song you would like to see featured as it will be the soundtrack to your wedding and to your marriage for years to come.
Here are 50 first dance song ideas that are both classic and timeless.
- “At Last” (Etta James):
Knot Note: Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban’s first dance was to this song!
- “As Time Goes By” (from Casablanca)
- “Come Rain or Come Shine” (Ray Charles)
- “Because You Loved Me” (Celine Dion)
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (Elton John)
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love” (Elvis Presley)
- “Chances Are” (Johnny Mathis)
- “Close To You” (The Carpenters)
- “Could I Have This Dance?” (Anne Murray)
- “Dream A Little Dream” (Mamas & the Papas)
- “Embraceable You” (Nat King Cole)
- “Endless Love” (Diana Ross & Lionel Richie)
- “Fascination” (Jane Morgan)
- “Fever” (Peggy Lee)
- “Forever and Ever, Amen” (Randy Travis)
- “Forever” (Kenny Loggins)
- “From This Moment” (Shania Twain & Brian White)
- “Grow Old With Me” (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
- “Here And Now” (Luther Vandross)
- “I Finally Found Someone” (Barbara Streisand & Bryan Adams)
- “I Only Have Eyes For You” (The Flamingos)
- “I Will” (The Beatles)
- “If I Loved You” (from Carousel)
- “In My Life” (The Beatles)
- “It Had To Be You” (Harry Connick, Jr.)
Knot Note: David Beckham and Victoria Adams’ first dance was to this song!
- “Lady In Red” (Chris DeBurgh)
- “Love Theme To Romeo & Juliet” (from Zeffirelli’s Romeo and Juliet)
- “Marry Me” (Neil Diamond & Buffy Lawson)
- “One Moment In Time” (Whitney Houston)
- “Our Love Is Here To Stay” (Billie Holiday)
- “So This Is Love” (James Ingram)
- “Some Enchanted Evening” (from South Pacific)
- “Something” (The Beatles)
- “Somewhere” (from West Side Story)
- “The Best Is Yet To Come” (Frank Sinatra)
- “The Rose” (Bette Midler)
- “Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You” (Roberta Flack & Peabo Bryson)
- “True” (Spandau Ballet)
- “Unforgettable” (Nat King Cole)
- “Up Where We Belong” (Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warrens)
- “Wedding Song (There Is Love)” (Captain & Tennille)
- “Wedding Song (There is Love)” (Petula Clark)
- “We’ve Got Tonight” (Bob Seger)
- “We’ve Only Just Begun” (The Carpenters)
- “When I Fall In Love” (Nat King Cole)
- “Will You Marry Me?” (Vonda Shepard)
- “Woman” (John Lennon)
- “Wonderful World” (Louis Armstrong)
Knot Note: Nicole Richie and Joel Madden’s first dance was to this song!
- “You Are So Beautiful” (Joe Cocker)
- “Your Song” (Elton John)
Pez Productions can not only help you with your first wedding dance, but can also provide you with all of your music, keeping your guest entertained throughout the wedding reception. Save yourself some extra calls and simply schedule a consultation with Pez Productionsby calling (403) 980.2172.